Licensed Contractor Projects

The type of work that requires a City License in Fridley includes the following projects.

  • General contractors in the business of nonresidential building construction and residential contractors with an exempt card from the State
  • Masonry and brick work
  • Roofing
  • Plastering, stucco work, sheetrock taping
  • Heating, ventilation and refrigeration
  • Gas piping, gas services, gas equipment installation
  • Oil heating and piping work
  • Excavations, including excavation for footings, basements, sewer and water line installations
  • Wrecking of buildings
  • Sign erection, construction and repair, including billboards and electrical signs
  • Blacktopping and asphalt work
  • Chimney sweeps
  • Tree Trimming

When hiring a contractor, be sure to verify if the contractor is in fact licensed/registered with the City. For more information on contractors, please call the Building Inspections Division at (763) 572-3604. 

If you would like to verify a contractor is licensed with the State Department of Labor (DLI) call 651-284-5005 or 1-800-DIAL-DLI (1-800-342-5354).  You can also verify via the State website

City License application.