Oak Hill Park
|Address||5391 7th Street NE|
|Current Status||Implementation Planning|
|Park Type||Mini Park|
Mini park with a playground and picnic areas set on a hill of mature oak trees and servicing neighborhoods #37 and #36 in conjunction with Jubilee Park, which currently has redundant amenities. Due to the traffic on 7th Street, there is a chain-link fence along the park boundary.
General recommendations include redevelopment with some minor layout modifications for an improved recreational experience to be complementary to Jubilee Park.
- Landscape enhancements, potentially naturalize groundcover among the oaks
- New playground equipment potentially with a natural theme to blend with surroundings
- ADA compliant playground surfacing (engineered wood fiber)
- Concrete playground border
- New realigned concrete walks to potentially remove retaining wall and to meet ADA guidelines (match up to proposed crosswalk locations)
- New seating and picnic areas
- Site furnishings with common characteristic (benches, tables, receptacles, bike racks, drinking fountain, etc.)
- New ornamental or black vinyl clad chain link fencing
- Wayfinding signs
- Security light