- Fridley HRA
- Available Properties
From time to time, the Fridley Housing & Redevelopment Authority and the City of Fridley may have properties available for sale. Developable residential properties are offered through the Housing Replacement Program.
Housing Replacement Program Properties
The Fridley Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) created the Housing Replacement Program in 1995 for the purpose of removing older, substandard housing and replacing it with new housing. The program was re-established by the Minnesota Legislature in 2010. The goals of the program are to:
- Help eliminate blight.
- Preserve and expand the City's tax base.
- Encourage neighborhood revitalization through re-investment.
All the properties purchased by the HRA for the Housing Replacement Program are acquired on a voluntary basis directly from the owner (either an individual or bank). In some cases, properties are also acquired through tax forfeiture. Once acquired, the structures are demolished and the lots are then sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. Download the Program Guide to learn what is required to purchase a lot and build a new home.
Available Properties: July 2022 (PDF)
How to Reserve a Lot
There are two options for reserving a HRA lot through the Housing Replacement Program:
- A home builder may reserve a site and then find a buyer.
- An individual may reserve a site and then find a builder.
To reserve a lot, you need to fill out a Lot Reservation Agreement (found in the Housing Replacement Program Guide) and pay a reservation fee of $1,000.00. The fee will be applied to the purchase price of the property.
Overview of Development Process
|1. Lot Reservation||Submit form & reservation fee at City Hall during regular business hours|
|Up to 60 days|
|Up to 30 days|
|4. HRA meeting to review and approve the project. Builder can submit application and plans to City for building permit.||Up to 30 days. The HRA meets regularly on the 1st Thursday of the month to conduct business.|
|No later than 30 days after HRA approval|
|6. Closing. HRA sells lot to builder and conveys title.||No later than 60 days after HRA approval|
|7. Construction||Maximum of 120 days, weather permitting.|
- Available properties: July 2022 (PDF)
- Housing Replacement Program Buyers Guide (includes Lot Reservation Agreement Forms) (PDF)
- Summary: Developing 40-lots and other properties in the O-6 Overlay District (PDF)
- For additional questions about developing within the O-6 Overlay District , please review City Code or email PlanningDivision@fridleymn.gov
- Fridley Housing Replacement Program: A Patternbook for New Homes
FEMA & Floodplain construction resources
- Minnesota DNR Floodplain Elevation Requirements webpage
- Minnesota DNR Floodplain Regulations webpage
- FEMA Technical Bulletin 2: Flood Damage-Resistant Materials Requirements
Please email the Fridley HRA at HRADivision@fridleymn.gov