- City Council and Commissions
- Recodification Project
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute § 415.02 and Fridley City Charter § 1.02, the City Council (Council) may codify and publish ordinances that carry the force and effect of law for the City of Fridley (City), which may be arranged into a system generally referred to as the Fridley City Code (Code).
Recodification is the collection and systematic arrangement of the ordinances of a local government related to specific practices within its jurisdiction. Every ten years the City is required to analyze its Code to address the needs of the City's government, residents, business owners and other stakeholders. The City's current Code may be viewed online.
This page is intended to serve as a collection of information intended to keep the public updated and informed on the City's recodification efforts.
To enable optimal public transparency, all presentations given to the Fridley City Council will be posted here:
- Recodification Update: Title 3 Health, Safety and Welfare (October 24, 2022)
- Ordinance No. 1403, Amending the Fridley City Code Chapters Titled Administration, Personnel, Background Investigations, Administrative Citations, Penalties, Ordinance Enforcement, Reasonable Accommodation, Assessments, Absentee Ballot Board, Fees, and Flags (June 27, 2022)
- Recodification Update: Title 2, Administration (April 25, 2022)
- Ordinance No. 1399, Amending the Fridley City Code Chapters Titled Adoption of Code, Rules of Construction, Legislative Body, Commissions, Definitions, Severability, Ethics and Adoption by Reference (February 28, 2022)
- Recodification Update: Title 1, General Provisions (January 24, 2022)
- Ordinance No. 1406, Amending the Fridley City Code Title 3, Health, Safety and Public Welfare
To enable optimal public transparency, planning documents used to coordinate recodification will be posted here:
The Fridley City Council will discuss the Recodification Project at the following Conference Meetings in 2022:
- January 24
- April 25
- May 23
- July 25
- October 24
- December 19.
These meeting dates are subject to change. If the City Council discusses recodification at any other meeting, proper notice will be given pursuant to State law. All City agendas may be found in the Agenda Center.
Submit feedback or questions about the City Code via the online Recodification Feedback Form. All submissions will be forwarded to the City Clerk's Office for consideration.
Please contact the City Clerk's Office with any questions at CityClerk@FridleyMN.gov, or 763-572-3523.