2020 Summer Programs
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we all have had to rethink how we live, work and play. The Recreation and Springbrook teams have been working creatively to safely offer new types of programs both in-person and at-home. This page lists all the Recreation and Springbrook programming for summer 2020.
If using a mobile device:
- Rec ‘n Roll: Join us out in the parks this summer for outside of the box fun! Programs will be held at Commons Park and although free, pre-registration will be required to help us control group gathering size.
- The Great Fridley Get Together: Join your fellow Fridley-ians and gather together, apart. Save Monday, August 17 at 6 p.m. in your calendar.
- Lawn of the Week: Get your mower and green thumb ready! City staff will be identifying outstanding yards of Fridley residents whose lawn exemplify creativity, neatness and beauty.
- Adopt-A-Park: Are you looking to make a positive impact in the Fridley Community? Adopt a Fridley park!
Adult, Youth and Parent/Child
- Outdoor Painting Parties: No experience needed, just come out to park ready to kick back, enjoy yourself, and while engaging your creative side. Led by instructors from Cheers Pablo.
- Adult Bag Toss League
- Youth Park Tae Kwon Do
- Soccer Camp (offered by Sports Unlimited Ages 5-12)
- Cheer Camp (offered by Sports Unlimited Ages 4-7)
- Play @ the Park: This is a morning recreational program designed to involve children in a variety of activities including games, stories, crafts and imagination to provide a well-rounded experience for your active child.
Evening Preschool Sports – ages 3-5
Evening Youth Sports – Gr. K-3
All Ages Programming
Nature Out of the Box: With this new program, you can gather up your friends and family and go on your own nature adventures, with non-contact support from your friendly, neighborhood naturalists.
Purchase Nature Out of the Box and get all this:
- A Box filled with 4 nature adventures for the whole family, including the supplies you will need and some instructions for how to do each activity
- Access to online content by SNC Naturalists just for you
- Naturalist-curated supplies to enhance your time outdoors
- Tips and tricks for how to include everyone, from toddlers to grownups
The boxes will be available for pick up at the nature center building (daily 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) from the 15th of each month through the end of the month. You MUST pay for your box in advance by the first of the month ($50) And if you are one of the first ten registrants, you will receive a BONUS item specially selected for this month’s adventures.
Outdoor Adventures: This private program series is for small family/friend groups consisting of no more than 9 people. There is no age limit for this program, but a parent/guardian must be in attendance for all registrants under the age of 18. Whether you are 5 for 50, we will create an adventure for your group. The program will be entirely outside and will begin at our picnic shelter.
Fees: $50, up to 9 people total, regardless of age. Availability: Monday - Saturday 10 am - 11:30 am and 2 pm - 3:30 pm.
Explore the topics and choose what is best for you! If you don’t see what you’re looking for, give us a call and we will help you build your own adventure!
- Survival: See if you have what it takes to build a shelter from scratch and start a fire without matches!
- Archery: Learn the basics of archery starting with what came before the modern bow.
- Pond Exploration: Learn about the wetlands of Springbrook from inside them! Whether you dip in a hand or jump in with both feet we’ll get an up-close view of our ponds and the creatures inside them.
- Insect Discovery: Dive into the secret world of insects within Springbrook’s Prairies. We’ll get up close to the diverse world of insects and how they color our landscapes.
- Build Your Own Adventure: If your interests don’t fit any of the adventures above, we’ll work with you to build an adventure that fits your interests.
Booking your program: Are you ready to get started with your Outdoor Adventure? Call the nature center at 763-572-3588 and book your program today! Time slots are limited, don’t wait.
Get Curious (available through August 2020): Find engaging and educational activities for curious kids and their grownups. These activities might start as a video, online presentation, or a set of instructions for you to try something cool at home.
Coloring Pages: Thanks to naturalist Emily, we are able to provide you with fun coloring pages inspired by the places and things you might find on a trip to Springbrook. Enjoy!