Finding Your Fun in Fridley
We want to know more about how and where you find your fun in Fridley parks, trails and other outdoor spaces. The city is taking a closer look at our parks and trails system to make sure they meet the needs of all residents.
We want to hear what you like, don’t like, and would like to see in our outdoor recreation areas. Your feedback will be used to help guide our programming, amenity information and future development.
Attend a community meeting
Attend one or all of our community workshops to help define the future of Fridley's parks and trails! There will be four workshops taking place June - August. Each session focuses on a specific part of community engagement:
- Workshop I, June 27 - The first workshop will launch the initiative and discuss what types of amenities/parks we have and what we need. From signature parks to mini-parks, what should the Fridley park system include?
- Workshop II, July 11 - Join your neighbors in an interactive workshop to consider options for different types of parks located throughout the city. How can the parks system best respond to the needs of the community?
- Workshop III, July 25 - A panel of experts will reflect on the options produced in Workshop II and consider what it will take to achieve our ideas. The panel will respond to questions from the community, and share their insights and experience.
- Workshop IV, August 8 - Help define the recommendations for Fridley's Parks master Plan, which will be submitted to the Fridley City Council, and Parks and Recreation Commission.
* Childcare will be provided by request only. Please RSVP to Gretchen Nicholls at 651-265-2280 one week in advance of each workshop if you would like to request childcare.
Submit your feedback and ideas
To learn more about your experience with outdoor recreation areas in Fridley, we are asking for your feedback through an optional survey and an interactive map. The survey covers questions that will help us plan different types of activities based on how you currently utilize the parks and trails, interests, needs and more. The map allows you to drop markers at specific points in Fridley to tell us your ideas, concerns and comments.
You can fill out the survey and the proceed to the interactive map, or select the "X" in the right-hand corner to go straight to the map.
If you would like to view a demonstration of how to submit feedback, watch our demo video.